Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Strengthening the Bond With My Kids: Keeping that Extra Special Moments

Those precious moments with my kids need not be expensive like eating out or going to the malls. Mine is more on spending quality time with them... with just anything that can be done at home. Nothing spectacular! I love cooking their favorite food, playing with them with their favorite computer games. I don’t mind watching Sponge Bob Square Pants on tv or hearing my eldest’s stories about her recently watched movie on DVD.

My kids always look forward to our bonding time at night. They didn’t grow up listening to bed time stories; instead, we talk about what they have done the whole day before we sleep. It’s a catching time for us on how their day went by sharing stories like what happened in school. On weekends and vacations, we would eat early for dinner so we can start early with our movie marathon; about two movies for the night before we sleep or like recently, I got hooked with watching some Asian series and they are with me too! I will prepare snacks like French fries, our favorite pancit canton or pop corn. At other times we would share funny experiences and laugh about it even with the most senseless stories like a particular boy in the neighborhood who tries to bully them but never succeeded instead went home crying. We do all sort of bonding activities which brings us closer together and at the same time giving them the opportunity to share and express themselves.

Being the “cool” mom that I am, I want my girls to experience the things I was deprived of when I was a kid. I want them to be as open to me as possible and treat me not just a mother but more of a friend.

I cannot afford to buy my kids expensive gifts, or give them luxurious birthday celebrations but what I can assure them is that I will always be there for them and share whatever I can for them to grow as a good person because being with them is priceless that is why I’m making every moment count.

No comments:

Post a Comment